This visa allows the holder to stay in the Schengen area for up to 90 – 180 days for tourism, business, visiting family, medical treatment, studies, training placements or volunteer activities that last under three months. Also, it permits travel through the country’s airports. Flight and Hotel Reservations for the Schengen visa process are necessary documents the applicant must complete.
26 European nations—Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland—make up the Schengen region and share no external borders.
The Schengen visa allows the holder to travel to any Schengen States and to transit through their territory, but it does not automatically entitle them to enter the Schengen area. If the visa holder fails to give evidence of the reason for and details of the travel, or if any other entry conditions are not met, the border authorities have the right to deny entry.
Additional Read: Documents Clearing Center in UAE
The Necessary Documents For The Spanish Schengen Visa Application Are As Follows:
- The procedure begins with the Schengen application form. Each applicant must complete and sign the application form, filling in each of its sections.
- The applicant has to submit a recent passport-size photograph. All the applicants applying for visa applications must follow the picture submissions requirements, such as a picture taken against a light background, facing forward, without dark or reflective glasses, or any garment which changes the shape of the face or does not reveal it better.
- Valid passport. The applicant must apply for a Schengen visa with a valid passport. It must not be older than three months. If the applicant is planning to apply for a Schengen visa, he must check the validity of the passport, and blank pages must be available for stamp purposes at the airport.
- Travel medical insurance. The insurance must pay for any necessary urgent medical care or emergency hospital care during the entire stay, as well as the costs of repatriation for medical emergencies.
- Payment of the visa fee: The amount of the application fee depends on the country from which the applicant is applying. The application fee charges are different for every country.
- The guide on how to pay the application fee from every country is mentioned on the application form.
- If not clear, the applicant must consult the consulate and not any ordinary individual. Payment of the visa fee is required and must be made simultaneously with the submission of the visa application. Due to currency fluctuations, the fee must be paid in local currency and is subject to regular changes.
- Cover letter indicating the purpose of travel and the specifics of the stay, that the visa applicant has sufficient financial means, as well as the intention of leaving the Schengen area, and will not stay after the due date. For every category of visa application, the visa applicant has to submit a cover letter which is stating clearly the purpose and is free of ambiguity.
- Proof of accommodation/dummy flight and hotel reservation for visa is necessary to verify that the applicant has made necessary arrangements to visit Schengen zones and will return back to his home country.
The Consulate Office may ask the applicant to come in for a personal interview and may also seek more information or documents as needed to evaluate the application.
Applicants fulfilling the visa application requirements will only be qualifying for the visa granting process. However, submitting complete documents on time does not guarantee a visa is promised.
Efforts, luck and hard work, counts for the process!
Read More: Top 5 Ways To Use Your Office Software For Corporate eLearning